Saturday, May 27, 2006

Thoughts at 10:03 am on a Saturday morning, Broadway hotel

Hm...i'm awake. And not dying. That's a positive. After last night. Big party. Must've played guitar for four hours straight. and i drank a whole bottle of wine. I must have odd looking lips. Actually, i'm ok. In fact, I feel great. Excellent. what's that noise? uh. Anyway, work in 57 minutes. ok. Shower, pants, shirt, apron, coffee, work.

What the hell are they doing over that side of the room?

Ok, Work. Stuff 30 chickens, That's mostly what i'll have to start with. Actually, no, Breakfast, that's what i'll start with. Steak and eggs. That's a good plan. Breakfast of Champions. Wasn't that a book?

Are they doing coke? They are. They're doing coke. 7 foot from where I'm contemplating breakfast, people are taking cocaine. That's messed up. Also, why is that guy twitching? he's not taking coke. ok, wait...no, he's on ecstacy. riiight. I have to not live here.

ok, so while i thought i had a heavy night. (I drank a whole bottle of wine!) I obviously didn't. That girl fell asleep on the bathroom floor in her underwear. This guy drank a litre of vodka, then started taking pills. Is this real? Are people really doing this? like, for real? Am I stuck in some Channel 4 documentary?

ok, I'm going to go to work. and I'm going to make a cuppa. Anyone want a cuppa? No? You've already got beer? ok, that's cool.

Right, breakfast of champions.

great title for a book.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like it might be time to move on...

May 29, 2006 at 8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sunday morning, 8:45 - Brisbane to Christchurch.

It's definitely the right time to move on, cooking, kissing and singing notwithstanding.

May 29, 2006 at 10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home