Monday, February 20, 2006

An aspect of my job that only became apparent after I started, and other reasons I love brisbane.

So I'm a cook, in a hotel. However, the kitchen is owned & run by a catering company (which, in fairness, seems to be entirely comprised of a bickering married couple and me.) It emerges that we don't just cook for the hotel, we cook for two other establishments, namely, two of brisbane's largest brothels. (they serve food there, it's all very considerate) One of my new key responsibilities is to ferry the food over to the...um...establishments. Hilariously awkward hi-jinks are sure to follow!

Other than that, not much news. Laura rolled through for a weekend, on her way south with Aoife & Annette (hey guys!), and barring that, i've just been living here in the Broadway, cooking and hanging out at night. I'll do a proper post on the broadway & the cast of characters that inhabit as soon as I get a decent break from my immoral, yet tasty, job.

Also, I had this conversation with the cute waitress in starbucks yesterday:

-Hi, um, can I get a large black coffee?
-With that accent, you can get anything...

I do like living here.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

immoral yet tasty :) it really is the only job in Brisbane we could imagine you having :) Joan

February 20, 2006 at 11:20 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

what did you get
what did you get

February 22, 2006 at 9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A large black coffee apparently

February 23, 2006 at 10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is it anything like this in the brothel?

http://spamusement.com/index.php/comics/view/306

February 23, 2006 at 5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sexolicious!

February 25, 2006 at 7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home