Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Cooking Club

I've kind of hooked up with a group of newly-made friends in Perth. (I've been here so long I had to make some friends!)

Anyway, the group started out with Tom (Canadian), Bailey (Kiwi) and me. Bailey was the Mammy of the group, and ended up feeding Tom & I for a few evenings. Then Tom blew us all away with his cooking last week (I actually missed it & only tasted the cold leftovers - sorry Tom!), so it was obviously my turn next.

I haven't cooked since I left home. That's four months ago. Sam stirred the whole thing up by spreading rumours about me, saying I was a terrible cook. So the pressure built up big time!

On Monday however, I cooked. Everyone seemed to like it and no-one has died as a result of it, so I call it a success!

Now our group has grown to include eight people, and it looks like I won't have to cook again before I leave for Darwin! It's been great though - keep up the good work Tom, Bailey, Maris, Valerie, Robin, Brendan & Ceri!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home