Sunday, May 15, 2005

I am an idiot.

Through prior entries, you may have detected a certain amount of self-deprecating humour. This morning, I hope to buck that routine, and strip away any layers of doubt.

I am an idiot, and here is why:

I decided to get in shape for going away, by jogging. Now, exercise and I have only a passing aquaintance.We stop on the street, say hello, ask how each other is doing, before becoming incredibly awkward, mumbling something about a meeting,and being on our way. What I'm trying to say is:I had no runners, or in fact any sort of sportswear.

But, I wanted to give this jogging thing a go. I knew it'd be tough, and I knew I'd be pushing myself, but I was ready. (I spent days watching nothing but war films, doing blow and punching walls to psych myself up) Now, I couldn't run in my shoes. However, my brother has a nice light pair of hiking boots. Let me explain to you how my logic with this works.

Who runs?
Athletes, Footballers, Soldiers

And do any of them wear boots?
Funny you should mention it, yes! they do! Soldiers wear boots!

Even when running?
Oh yeah, for sure! Yeah, remember stripes? With Bill Murray, I'm pretty sure he wore boots. Oh, and Delta Force, with Chuck Norris? Boots there too.

This sounds like a pretty awful idea...you're not a soldier, you're just some guy who spends his day in front of a computer. I mean, soldiers are tough.
GET SOME!!! COME ON MARINE!!! SEMPER FI!!! RUN IN BOOTS!!!
*Headbutts wall*



Now, 3 weeks later, my knee is sore.
(and I've bought runners)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home