Friday, April 22, 2005

A re-written dialogue between me and the guy who persisted on lecturing me about ethical travelling...

Hippie: So, I'm just back from South America

Me: Oh, hey cool, I'm going there next year!

Hippie: oh, it's amazing.

Me: Yeah,I can't wait.

Hippie: But it's become very westernised...

Me: oh yeah?

Hippie: It's, like we have this cultural imperialism

Me (surreptitiously getting spade): mm-hmm?

Hippie: Like we think our culture is somehow superior...

Me (giving spade a few test swings): oh, totally...

Hippie: I mean, who are we to say that adequate healthcare is a good thing?

*SPADE!!*

Me: I am Tiger woods.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lollipop said...

I really wish I had spoken to him when I saw him - I could have recited all my college essays to him..

April 22, 2005 at 10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home